The number of children on roll at present is 574 full time pupils and 63 part-time Nursery children. (January - 2018) Children are admitted into the Nursery (Mornings 8.50 a.m. until 11.20 a.m. and afternoons from 12.45 p.m. until 3.15 p.m.) during the school year in which they have their fourth birthday. Nursery provision in Flintshire is on a 0.5 basis. Children may start full time education at the beginning of the term starting in September if the child’s 5th birthday falls on or between September 1st and August 31st.
Prior to their transfer Nursery children would have followed an integration programme which includes.
1. Integration into Reception and later full school assemblies
2. Integration on to the Foundation Phase playground.
3. Spending a morning in their new class with their new teacher.
4. Foundation Phase Reception teacher visiting Nursery for story telling sessions.
5. An evening for parents to visit the school and discuss transitional arrangements.
Parents of pupils entering nursery, reception and year 3 are invited to induction evenings in the summer term. The school’s standard admission number is 85 per year group.