One of the main aims of Bryn Coch is to involve parents/carers in an active partnership between the school and home. We believe that a way to strengthen this link is to establish an agreement between the school and home which will create a genuine and meaningful partnership.
Bryn Coch School will:
* Strive to maintain the highest standards of academic achievement and pastoral care and ensure that your child achieves his/her full potential as a valued member of the school community.
* Set challenging work, appropriate to the ability of the individual child and according to the demands of the Foundation Phase / National Curriculum.
* Care for your child’s safety and happiness.
* Assess and mark work on a regular basis.
* Set, mark and monitor homework according to the child’s age and ability.
* Report progress to parents on a regular pre-determined basis.
* Involve parents in discussions about a child’s academic and/or pastoral welfare.
* Provide a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities.
* Keep parents informed about school’s activities through regular letters home, news-sheets and notices about special events.
The Parents/Carers will:
* Inform the school of any concerns regarding their child’s progress.
* Support the school by ensuring standards of behaviour are maintained:
Bryn Coch pupils are expected to display:
a) good behaviour in the classroom and on their way to and from school;
b) show respect towards school and other pupils’ property;
c) be polite and helpful to others;
d) keep the school free from litter and take pride in its appearance.
* Make sure that their child wears Bryn Coch uniform and regularly brings all equipment and kit needed for school.
* See that their child goes to school regularly and punctually and inform the school of any absence.
* Attend Parents’ Evenings and discussions about their child’s progress.
* Support their children with homework and other opportunities for home learning.